We’ve beaten the BCS into one of the most bloody corpses possible, but this news bares mentioning. The organization is reporting that the 11 FBS conferences earned about $170 Million from bowl games this past season. That includes $24.7 Million to the non-BCS members, up from $24 Million last year. The difference? This year only one non-BCS team made a BCS bowl compared to the two that graced the limelight last year.
So next time anyone asks any question or makes any statement like…
- Why isn’t there a playoff?
- Man, we have way too many bowl games, what gives?
- Dude, did you sneak a peak in the gym shower? That’s more fucked up than the BCS.
- The BCS fails to do what it’s supposed to do.
- I’m a mouthbreater, live in my mom’s basement and hate the BCS.
- Division I-AA football has it right, look at them, they’re all so happy! High five TV.
- College athletics take away from the educational cores they were created for.
- I don’t understand why they’re showing a Bowling Green and Ohio game on a Tuesday night.
- I’ve got this bump on my tongue and everytime I close my mouth, I feel it. Oh and I hate the idea of the BCS.
- I wish college football would go back to the old system. That seemed so much better.
- Hun, I’ve been pissing razors for a week. Get tested now. Oh, and all hail a playoff, amiright?
- (sips a peach schnapps on the rocks) Why do I have to be a Buckeye fan?!?!?
- It’s all about money to these guys.
- It’s easy you take the best 8 teams and put them in the bowl games…
- They should really invest in women’s lacrosse, so much money goes into football.
- TCU didn’t get a shot.
The answer to all of these is $170 Million. Thankyouverymuch.